Monday, June 16, 2014

If the Lord calls, just do it. Don't say no!

Família!
 

I´m an aunt again! WOO :) Thank you for the pics. Domenic looks super duper cute! :) 

LOVE the pics!! Domenic is so cute! I love the one of him smiling and the Yankee pic! :) 

 

Tuesday we had transfers and I got transferred to Ouro Fino, Minas Gerais. It´s REALLY far away. We took a 4 hour bus ride to get to my area. It´s at the end of the mission boundaries. And it´s also in another state. It´s pretty cool, the people talk a different here. Their accents sound a little hick ha-ha. They push their R´s a lot. But I like it here! It has a lot of green hills and the city is bigger than Conchal. A little bit more movement and it feels a little more city like. My comp is Brasilian, her name is Sister Sá and she´s from Fortaleza. She´s been out about the same time as me but i´m 1 transfer older than her. I like her a lot. She super friendly, loves to joke around, and she´s bold. It´s only been a week, but i´m learning a lot from her.

 

Ouro Fino is a small city like Conchal, but it´s a bit bigger. It has about 35,000 people, Conchal had 33,000 or less. I´m serving in another branch again. There´s 40 active members. There´s 37 women and 3 men. It was really interesting yesterday at sacrament meeting. All these women singing. It felt like we had Relief Society 2 times because there´s so many women. I wasn´t to thrilled to serve in a branch. Sister Sá knew she was coming to Ouro Fino since Monday and she told me that she wasn´t excited either. But Presidente told the both of us that he trusts us being in Ouro Fino. So, I guess that helps a little bit. If the Lord calls, just do it. Don´t say no.

 

Thursday, COPO DO MUNDO started! Man, don´t know what´s its like in Campinas, but here it´s SUPER crazy! We aren´t allowed to watch it. We have to stay in our house an hour before the game starts until the game is over. It´s funny, every time Brasil scores a goal, I hear all these fireworks going off, cars beeping their horns, people screaming their heads off. It´s like 4th of July! It´s super crazy here. Brasil is going to play again on Tuesday and i´m going to be in Pouso Alegre for my district meeting. It´s an hour from my area. Luckily it starts at 3 but still, it´s going to be crazy traveling back to our house.

 

Well, this was my week. I´m going to try my best here in Ouro Fino and have a positive attitude. I love you guys! Thank you for your love and support. Have a great week! TE AMO! :)

 

-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment