Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sad to leave MTC :(

I'm sad that this is my last week in the MTC. :( I've grown so much! Sister Loefke and I are SO close! We're pretty much best friends. :) We were talking the other night about when we have to say goodbye. We almost started crying haha. I'm so glad that we are going to the same mission. The picture that I sent was of Elder Nowland. He is pretty cool! He's going to Belo Hortizonte! I'm getting my reassignment on Wednesday or Thursday! So make sure you are home! I think I only get 5 minutes to talk on the phone? I don't know, but I'll find out. My toe is getting better. Did you like my picture hahaha? It looks gross huh? I have to wrap it everyday like in that one picture. And I also have to wear flip flops too. Some missionaries give me weird looks when they see me wearing flip flops, but I don't care. I'd rather be comfortable than in pain. I'm going to see the foot doctor this week for a second check up. The Portuguese is coming along great! I've taught myself that it's okay when I mess up and to always try again. Brother Cannon has been a great help! He has become my study buddy :) I hate how I can't hug my Elders and Brother Cannon! They have become like my brothers. Today was Brother Cannon's birthday! :) I have a picture of him along with my district. Do you remember in my last email how I talked about the feliz box? Well, I love it! I got 2 compliments that made me smile. The Elders call me Sister Ninja fyi. It said "Sister Ninja, You scare all the guys with your German and your crazy skills lol. But we love you so much and you will be missed." and one from Sister Loefke "Sister Whitnah, You teach me everyday to love, be patient, to be happy, and to be positive! :) Love you companiera! :)" I love how everyone in my district is like family! We have become so close in only 6 weeks! I know I will cry when I have to leave them. For memorial day, we watched Sister Monson's funeral. It was so sad to see President Monson's face. :( I've been praying for him everyday. Sister Loefke and I had a great lesson with Silvio! We committed him to be baptized! He is a hard core Catholic, and he said YES! I was so happy for him! It was our first time asking an investigator to be baptized. It was a great experience! One thing that was really cool about this week was we found out that we have a Portuguese tutor! He is from Port Alegra, Brazil and his name is Brother Goody. His dad is in the seventy! Brother Goody gave a presentation about Campinas and Belo Hortizonte missions. It was fun to hear about the cool facts about my mission. Nothing really has happened this week. Just the same thing as last time. I'm trying to live up this last week in the MTC. I hope you have a great week! And I'm excited to actually hear your voices in a couple days. Okay talk to you soon! Eu amoro voce! (I love you!) Love, Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment