Tuesday, May 21, 2013

visa to Brazil may come soon!

Hey Familia! It was so cool to see Russell M. Nelson last Tuesday! He gave some great advice about missionary work! One thing that stood out was he said "Having character is being a character. And we people ask about what you do, you only need to say 4 words. We Follow Jesus Christ." It was powerful! The language is coming along! I finally can express a little bit more of what I want to say! Last Thursday, we had TRC. It's where you give a lesson to real members. This time we had 2 members. Each lesson was about 20 minutes. I really liked our first lesson. But our next one was really hard. This guy asked a lot of hard deep questions that I couldn't answer. Most of the vocab was advanced too. I tried my very best to tell him my thoughts. Loefke translated what the guy was saying. He even told her to not help me at all...which made it worse. I could understand somewhat of the conversation, but not all of it. At the end of the lesson, he told us that he did okay and gave us "tips" on how we need to work harder at learning Portuguese. It made me really frustrated and upset because, I was trying my very BEST! I cried after the lesson. I saw Sean that same day and told him about this guy. He thinks that this guy was trying to be a jerk. By telling us that our Portuguese wasn't good enough for him. He said the same thing happened to him in Germany. I thought about what this guy said and it gave me motivation to try a little bit harder for my next lesson with Silvio. Loefke and I had a great lesson with our investigator Silvio on Friday. I talked a lot during the lesson and it felt great! AND he could understand EVERYTHING that I was saying! :) I've been forcing myself to create sentences in my head and then speaking it in Portuguese. It has helped me a lot! I can definitely feel Heavenly Father hands in helping me through this! :) I have learned so much about the Savior this week. On Sunday we watched the movie The Testements. Towards the end of the movie, it really got me! Our Savior has done SO much for us. To be here on this earth and to gain experience and to find happiness in this life and after this life. I could not be anymore grateful for what he has sacrificed for me. I love him so much! I also love how everything in PMG is about Christ! Our district has come up with a new goal for this week. We are writing sweet notes to each other! If someone says something mean about someone, they have to write another note about them. We are putting all of the notes in a box. We called it our "feliz" box! :) This morning my district and I went to the temple! I didn't get a chance to go last week, because Loefke had a doctors appointment. OH about my visa! On Saturday, everyone in my district wanted to check up on their status for their visas. I saw that it changed from being received to authorized! I'm SO EXCITED! I could be in Brazil in 2 weeks! :) I wasn't the only one that got that. Elder Anderson's status said the same thing! Everybody else's visas say received. Hopefully I'll get it this or next week! I see Sean pretty much everyday! I always say hi to him when I get the chance. We have lunch together once a week. It's nice to be able to talk to him about mission stuff. A couple of missionaries in my branch think that Sean is my boyfriend haha. I play along just to see their reactions! It's pretty funny. I'm sending some pictures that I took this week! So enjoy them! :) Oh I got the 2 skirts and the dress! I love the Down East polka dot dress and it fits perfectly! I also love the green polka dot skirt too. The other skirt doesn't fit right... meaning it's too tight, so should I mail it back? I will let you know how my doctors appointment will go. Keep an eye out for an email tomorrow morning. Yeah I saw Kindra once and I saw Cody at least 2-3 times. I also saw Daniel Stevenson too! It feels like I've been in the MTC forever! But not really...if you know what I mean? That's cool about Matthew and Jessica! They will LOVE the MTC! I have seen so many different tags around the MTC and it makes me grateful to be speaking Portuguese! It would be so hard to speak an Asian language or a language that looks impossible to read. It makes Portuguese look easy! Well, I hope you have a great week! Eu amor voce! I love you! :) - Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment