Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm in Pocatello, Idaho!

Oi Familia!
I made it to Idaho! :) The area that I'm in is called Chubbuck and High Line. I cover 2 wards and it’s all English speaking. There's a TON of less active members. So my companions and I are working with them to be reactivated. I'm in a trio. My comp Sister McLain is from Arizona and has been out for 3 months. Sister Morales is from American Fork and has been out for 13 months. They are both really nice and are helping me to get adjusted  to Pocatello. It's a nice small area. The houses that we contact are so nice! Everybody has a green lawn. The best part of my week was a member took us to Texas Roadhouse for dinner! It was awesome! :) I stocked up on the rolls and cinnamon butter! I also went to Jamba Juice with a bunch of sisters for lunch the other day ago.
Since I got to Idaho, I've been missing the MTC a lot. Especially my district and my teachers. I'm glad that I get to see half of them in Brazil soon! It will be great! :) The Brinkerhoffs are so nice. They did remember my last name. They asked how you were doing. Sister Brinkerhoff has a saying to her missionaries. It's "lock your heart, but keep your eyes open!" She had a daughter that served a mission and ended up marrying her district leader. She said that it could happen to anyone of us.
It's weird teaching a lesson in English now. I have a hour of language study for only 4 days. I say most of my companionship and personal prayers in Portuguese now. I found out that my visa could come within the 6 weeks I'm here. But if not, I'll stay another transfer. I really like the area that I'm in. It kinda looks ritzy. I'm living in a member's home. They are really nice. They told me that Pres.Brinkerhoff wants 70% of missionaries to live in member's homes because they want to reduce the cost of housing. It's a smart idea.
So far I'm doing good. I'm trying to get use to living in Idaho and the heat. It's always hot here. I went to a meeting in Idaho Falls with my comps and we stopped by the temple there. It is really pretty! Tell Tracy where I'm serving so she can see me! I really want to see her! Well I can't think of anything else to say. This week has been tiring and overwhelming  Hopefully I'll have more things to say next week. I hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon! Eu amo voce!
Oh I forgot to tell you. My first meal in Pocatello was a baked potato haha. I haven't had a potato since then. Enjoy this one picture of me taken at the Idaho Falls Temple.

EU AMO VOCE!
Love, Sister Whitnah


No comments:

Post a Comment