Saturday, June 22, 2013

Week 3 in Pocatello and I get to see the Bangerters!

Hey Family!                                                                       June 17, 2013
 

I just found out like 10 minutes ago that I'm getting a new trainer and I'm going to the Bangerter's ward! I'm so excited! I haven't seen them in a long time. I will definitely get a picture of Tracy and I. On the flip side, I'm kinda sad that I have to leave Sister McLain and Morales. But it's where Heavenly Father wants me to be right? This week was pretty good. On Tuesday, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with my district. We all tried the 3rd hottest sauce on the menu. My tongue was fire for about 10 minutes haha. It was fun though. I found out that my Zone Leader is from Recife Brazil! How cool is that?! He has been helping me with my Portuguese since I got to Pocatello. My Portuguese is okay and I still say my prayers in Portuguese. I had dinner with a family this week and their son is neighbors with Rob and Tessa. I thought that was funny. Also, the members that I'm living with (the Fawcetts), their son went to Sao Paulo on his mission. We talked a little bit in Portuguese and he shared some crazy stories from his mission! He gave me advice about the food and other stuff. He recognized my last name and said that he knows Mike and Anjee. He lived in La Grande and was a seminary teacher.

I'm doing pretty good. My companions are really nice. I've been teaching a lot of less actives lately. We were suppose to have a baptism this weekend but that changed to July 6th. We have been teaching this guy named Mark. His wife and kids are members but he's the only one that's not a member. He LOVES reading the Book of Mormon and all the "homework assignments" that we give him. We had a lesson with him yesterday about baptism. It was awesome! :) Sister Loefke is going to TEXAS?! Yay! :) I'm happy for her! She will be great down there. Where in Texas did she get called to? That's exciting about Katelyn Morin! Btw, be on the look out for a package this week. :)

Well, I hope you have fun in Salt Lake! Send me some pictures! :) Have a great week! Love you lots!

-Sister Whitnah

and another email that was sent the next day,.................................June 18, 2013

Hey Mom!
 
How's it going? I got a new comp! Her name is Sister Halbison and she's from Gilbert Arizona. She's pretty cool. :) She loves to blast music through out the house like me! :) Today is kinda like a p-day because I was transferred into anew area. We had our district meeting and then went to CAFE RIO for lunch! It was amazing as always. :) I live in an apartment with just Sister Halbison. It's nice having my own place. The only sucky thing is it doesn't have AC. So we have a huge fan in our room to keep it cool.
 
Hey I have a quick question. Could you check how much money I have in my debt account? I tried to see how much I had but it locked my account because I forgot my password. Please and thank you! :)
 
I'm so dang excited to see Tracy and Bart on Friday! We are having dinner at their house. I found out that we are going to their ward on Sunday too! I'm going to see my baptism next week! It's a 9 year old boy named Easton. I'm excited.
 
Well I hope I gave you more info about today than yesterday. I hope you have a great week! Tell Molly Moose that I love her! Eu amo voce!
 
- Sister Whitnah


No comments:

Post a Comment