Monday, June 24, 2013

I've been on my mission 2 months already!

Oi Familia!
 
I entered the MTC 2 months ago today. I can't believe that! It seems like that was a long time ago. This week has been kinda crazy for me. I was transferred to Highland on Monday night. So far I like the area and the people. Sister Halbison and I are teaching a lesbian couple. It's kinda.. interesting haha. One of them is getting baptized this coming month! I'm hoping it works out. I'm serving in 6 wards now. Which is a lot compared to my last area where I was serving in 2 wards. I still miss some of the members down in Chubbuck.
 
Having dinner with the Bangerters was AWESOME! :) Tracy and Bart were so excited to see me. Tracy gave me a huge hug and one for you too. They still look the same but a little bit older. Their house is really nice. They live in a really nice neighborhood in Highland. It's kinda close to the mission home. I found out that I'm speaking in church this Sunday in their ward. I only have to speak for about 10 minutes. I might speak about the Atonement or about having Faith in Jesus Christ.
 
I did go to the missionary broadcast last night. I liked Russell M, Nelson's talk and Tom L. Perry's talk. I took a lot of notes! I have learned to be a good note taker since I left the MTC. Every time I go to a meeting or a devotional, I always have my journal with me. Since I have been in Idaho, I have had some interesting dinners. Last night, I went to a member's house where we had "taco in a bag". It's where you take your favorite type of chips and add beans, sour cream, beef, lettuce and cheese. And it's all in the bag. You mix it up and it's called "taco in a bag". I had it with Doritos and it was good! You should try it. It's really easy and cheap!
 
For p-day, Sister Halbison and I have a lot to do! I'm getting my hair cut after we are done emailing. Then, we are going to Jamba Juice (YES!), Winco and off to zone activity! I love going to zone activity, because I can wear pants! I miss being able to wear jeans and sweat pants. :) Oh tell Gramma McAndrew that I said Happy Birthday and that I miss her.
 
I have not heard about my visa. President Brinkerhoff said that it will come within the 6 weeks that I'm here. I'm just going to see if it comes when the transfer is over. I'm hoping that it does come! I really want to be in Brazil now. I hate how I'm starting to forget some phrases in Portuguese. I'm still working hard at trying to keep up with it.
 
I heard that you are going to NYC in August! Lucky ducks! :P That should be fun though. What are your plans for the summer? That's funny that Zach Dearing made that comment about me. It's true though, I am a mini Becky! :) The picture of all of the sisters, Brother Cannon and I is my favorite. Everyone looks great!Well, I love seeing what you have to say in my letters. It's fun to know what everyone is doing these days. Sometimes I forget that people have lives outside the mission haha. Well I hope you have a fun week! Eu amo voce!
 
Love, Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment