Monday, July 22, 2013

Bethany's serving in Jundiai Brazil

Here are 2 photos of the first area that Bethany is serving in.  The population is about 350,000.  Palm trees are plentiful and many skyscrapers as well. 
 
 

 

Oi Familia!

 

I made it to Brazil! :) so far I love it here! It´s winter in Brazil right now. It´s sunny pretty much everyday, except for yesterday. We had a big thunder storm. It was awesome! I´ve never seen it rain that hard!

 

I met my mission president and he´s really nice. Sister Perrotti is SO bubbly and fun! I´m serving in an area called Jundiai. It´s pretty cool. I live with 2 other sisters. Sister Martins and Colombre. They are from Brazil. Sister Martins knows a little bit of English. My comp is Sister Cabral and she´s from Recife, Brazil. She doesn´t  know  English. It´s been really hard to communicate with her. It´s also been hard trying to talk to people. I try my best to listen and to understand what they are saying. A lot of the missionaries here say, the more you talk Portuguese, the faster you become fluent.

 

The food here is SO good! I eat beans and rice at least once a meal. The beans are so different than the ones in America. I like the ones in Brazil better. As transportation goes, I ride the onibus. The first time I rode it, I was so nervous. It feels like I was on a roller coaster. The drivers here are crazy! We were probably going about 70mph on a tiny road!

 

I haven´t seen Sister Ware yet. She got in on Wednesday. I read her email and it sounds like she´s doing pretty good. I hope I get to see her soon! Yes, my p-day is on Mondays. Just like in Idaho. A couple of days ago I was missing Idaho and being in the US. There are so many things that are different here.  Our apartment is pretty run down. 

 

I´ve been taking a lot of pictures since I got here. There´s a lot of palm trees! :) Tell Rob and Tessa i´m excited for them. Well, I want you to know that i´m doing good. I miss home and being able to speak English. I´m sure the more I practice Portuguese, it´ll get easier. I love you and I hope you have a great week!

 

-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment