Monday, July 29, 2013

I've been out for 3 months, wow!


Familia!

 

Tessa and Robbie are having a boy! That´s awesome! I´m happy for them. What are they naming him? How is everybody else doing? I´m starting to get use to my area. I have to take the onibus to Guanabara and then walk about 5 miles to people´s houses. It´s a good work out haha. I do this most of the time.

 

The ward that i´m serving in is awesome! 2 members of the bishopric speak English, and they help me with translating. I´m still having a hard time understanding my companion. Wednesday was not a good day for me. It seemed like who ever I talked to, the language seemed like gibberish. I broke down crying, because I was so frustrated and felt useless. I never thought that a mission would be this hard. Sometimes I feel like I want to go home, because it would be a lot easier. But I know that I need to be here and that someone is waiting for me to teach them the gospel. I´m not going to give up. I´m going to try my best to be patient and strong.

 

As of right now, I have 5 investigators! One of them i´m going to commit to baptism this week!! His name is Joanilson! He´s in his mid 20´s. We met him while going to the bus stop to Eloy Chaves. He has come to church every week and loves learning more about the gospel. I´m pretty sure he´s golden. I hope that he says yes when I commit him to baptism! I´ll let you know how it goes!

 

I took a bunch of pictures this week! I hope you enjoy them! That´s so cool that Leya is going to Romania! Ahh she´ll be a great missionary! Tomorrow i´m going to buy a Brazilian soccer jersey after district meeting. Sister Colombre got her jersey in the mall for 20 dollars! I like hers a lot! I said in my last email that it was Fall in Brazil, I was wrong. It´s actually Winter. It´s getting closer to Spring. The Sisters told me that Spring starts in September. It´s been really cold here. Like in the 30´s with wind chill.

Well, I hope you enjoy my pictures! I hope you have a great week! I love and miss you!!

 

-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment