Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Patience is being tried

Familia!
 
You will never believe this! I can send pictures now! :) I used my other memory card and it works! I´m so happy! For p-day Sister Howell and I went to Central in Campinas. It´s kind of like the farmers market but for shopping. Everything there is super cheap! I needed a pair of sneakers.  They´re grey and hot pink! They reminded me of Tessa. My comp bought some jerseys for her brothers and her dad. She also bought a bag because our mission is making everyone use side bags now. It´s a good thing that I still have my polka dotted bag. Sister Perrotti wants all of the sisters to look stylish.
 
Heavenly Father definitely tried my patience this week. Throughout the week I was super tried and frustrated. There´s a member in our ward that always wants to ``hangout`` with the sisters. She´s a good person and all, but it gets to the point where it´s too much. If you know what I mean. 3 times this week, she planned activities and called us a couple hours before to let us know. And by then we´ve already planned our day. We still let her come with us to our appointments, but in the end I felt really frustrated. She complained about every little thing when we were at a less active member´s house and even walking on the street. By the end of the day, I was really annoyed. We had a 10 year old girl come to church with us for the first time and it was Fast Sunday. We explained to her how we have Fast Sundays at the beginning of the month. The same annoying member started to tell the 10 year old girl about paying tithing and expounding on it for at least 15 minutes. How she needed to fast and went on and  on. It drove me nuts. When an investigator comes to church for the first time, you don´t blast them with every single detail of what they need to know about the church. You help them learn the simple and basic things. This lady went super deep and detailed about everything we do on Sundays. This is why I was frustrated and felt like I needed a lot of patience.
 
On the flip side, we taught the first lesson with these 2 older ladies and they are pretty hilarious! They seem like they want to know more about the church! Their names are Edita and Cida. We found them by giving them a Joy to the World invitation.  
 
I forgot that Thanksgiving was this week. Here, it was just another day. It was the same thing for Halloween. Nobody here knows those holidays because it´s an American holiday. 
 
This Saturday, there´s an activity at the temple where our stake is having all members and non-members sing Christmas songs. Sister Howell and I have 2 investigators that want to go. So we get to go to the temple! I´m excited for it! :)  I´m sorry that I don´t have a lot to talk about, but i´m glad to hear that everyone is doing great! I´m excited to see you on Skype in a few weeks!! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment