Monday, November 25, 2013

I can't believe I've been serving 7 months!

Mamãe! :)

 

It´s crazy to think that 7 months have gone by. At times it feels like it has gone by slow and fast at the same time. I had a great 7th month anniversary! On Sunday, we had the primary program. Sister Howell and I sang batismo or baptism in English. It turned out pretty well. The whole program was so good. I felt the Spirit so strongly. I had the chills and goose bumps! My favorite song that the primary children sang was If the Savior Stood Beside Me. Talk about POWERFUL. I´ve never felt so much love while listening to that song. That song bore witness to me that I do have a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who love me so much. 

 

I have some AWESOME news that I´ve been waiting to share you with! On Dezembro 17th, our mission is going to the temple for an endowment session!! Everybody from our mission is going! I´m so freakin excited!! :) I´ve missed the temple a lot since I was in Idaho. I´m excited for this opportunity to get to go again. Especially in Brasil! I heard there´s a new film for the endowment. Some people have told us that it´s a lot better than the other film. I´m looking forward to seeing it.

 

For p-day, we had all of the sisters from our mission join together for a Sisters Conference in Campinas. The sister training leaders and Sister Perrotti spoke. They showed Mormon messages of President Uchtdorf´s talk about The Ugly Duckling. I can´t remember what it is in English. But the video was about how we look at ourselves in the mirror. How we are daughters of our Heavenly Father and how we have so much potential and divinity. Towards the end of the conference, we watched a video about Emma Smith. How she was a women of great worth. It was so good! I cried while watching the Emma Smith video ha-ha. I got to see some of the sisters that i´ve become good friends with and the new sisters too. 

 

Like every week in Barao Geraldo, this week was good but tough. There was a stake activity for all of the relief society sisters on Friday. We took our investigator Fernanda to it. She loved it! They had the stake president speak and had different people speak about their experiences while reading the Book of Mormon. That was one thing Fernanda has been struggling with. Reading the Book of Mormon everyday and praying. I´m hoping that it helped her to see other people´s testimonies about the Book of Mormon besides mine and Sister Howell´s. After the talks, we had a huge dinner. It was a great night! We tried this week to see Kelly and her sister. Kelly is about 28 years old and her one sister is 15. They didn´t come to church yesterday because of work. We have a huge list of less actives that we are searching. Meaning, we go to find their address and see if they still live there and invite them to com back to church. Most of these people live about 30 minutes away. Our ward mission leader is AWESOME! He helps us with anything we need. He has some great ideas to help us and the ward to be more active and excited about missionary work. It´s great! :)

 

Honestly, I don´t know what´s going on with me not being able to send pictures. They show up on my camera, but when I try to send them they don´t show up on the computer. Maybe it´s my card reader or even my memory card. I´m sorry that I haven´t been able to send some in a while. I´m trying my best!

 

Sister Howell and I bought a mini Christmas tree for our house! It´s really cute! :) We put lights and mini ornaments all around it! We call it our alvore bebezinho ha-ha. The more we decorate our house with Christmas decorations, the more I´m excited for Christmas! I´m guessing Christmas in Brasil will be really hot and humid. Yay....ha-ha. But i´m sure it will be good!

 

Well I hope you have a good week! I´m really excited to Skype with you in 4 weeks! WOO! I love you and i´m praying for you everyday! Love ya! :)

 

-Sister Whitnah
 
 
These are photos from the Sisters Missionary Conference that was held today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment