Monday, November 11, 2013

I'm staying in Barao Geraldo with Sister Menden!! YAY!

Hello Familia!
 

So, are you ready to find out if i´m staying in Barao Geraldo?! I´m staying in Barao Geraldo with Sister Menden!! :) I´m so happy! She´s an awesome sister and i´m so glad to be with her another 7 weeks. This coming transfer with be 7 weeks. I found out that Sister Ware is being transferred :( i´m hoping that she stays in my zone at least. 

 

On Friday, we had a multi-zona conference with Presidente Perrotti. It was great! He shared a video about the Atonement of Jesus Cristo. I saw the same video while I was in Idaho. But this one was in Portuguese. He also talked about how we can help our investigators to progress towards baptism and helping them to get to that point and desire.

 

The lady that Sister Menden´s mom mentioned, she is really sweet. Her name is Nadir. From what Sister Menden told me is that Nadir knows the Book of Mormon is true, but wouldn´t keep her commitments. Like go to church, pray, and so on. This past week, Nadir moved to a different area. We promised her that whenever she wants to return back to church, she can. There will always be missionaries to help her. I only knew her for a short time, but I could feel that she wanted to change. Just now wasn´t the right time.

 

I have some sad news about Vinicius. We went to his house on Wednesday to give him the 3rd lesson. Just before we were going to start, he said that he needed to tell us something. He said that he doesn´t want us to meet with him anymore. Everything we have taught him, he doesn´t believe. I was in shock. We talked more and more and come to find out, he has a couple of friends that don´t like the church. We´re thinking that his friends said something to him. We could also tell that he has fear to receive an answer to know if the Book of Mormon is true. He said that he´s afraid to know what the answer might be. We ended up telling him, he´s always welcomed to come to church and to do the things we promised him to do. At the end, I could tell that this would be the last time that I would see him. We left the house feeling so sad. I thought things were going so well, but he has fear of receiving an answer. I´ve learned that an investigator must know that the Book of Mormon is true. Because once they know the Book of Mormon is true, everything that Joseph Smith testified is true, and that this church is true also.

 

It was really hard to let Vinicius go, but I hope that one day he will return. That he will have faith to ask Heavenly Father about the Book of Mormon and about everything we´ve taught him. One thing he did say was, he loved the members. How everyone was like family to him. 

 

Almoço is lunch in Portuguese. I´ve decided that all of the fruit in Brasil is amazing! The mangos are probably my favorite. :) It was fun celebrating the Bishop´s birthday! I took a couple of pictures of the lunch.

 

Overall, this week was bitter/sweet. But i´m not going to let the bad things over ride the good things. I´m excited to stay in Barao Geraldo with Sister Menden. I´m also excited to know and see what´s coming in our path as far as finding new investigators. It´s been hard for us to find new people to teach. But I hope we will have someone who wants to hear about the Gospel. We have Zumba once a week and i´m excited to see if some of the members will bring their friends to Zumba on Wednesday! 

 

I wrote Dad a letter this week. I´m hoping that you´ll get mine sometime this week. I will try my best to send some pictures this week. I love you so very much!! I hope all is well with you! Have an awesome week!

 

Love, Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment