Monday, January 6, 2014

We had an AMAZING week!

Mom,
 
This week was really good! We had FHE at a member´s house on Saturday night. We invited Danuzia, Carol, and Bruno. The member is in the stake presidency. He´s really awesome! He talked about the Book of Mormon and shared his experiences with us. I never knew how much impact members have on investigators. Meaning, having the investigators come to a member´s house to hear a message. When it´s at an investigator´s house you can feel the spirit, but at a member´s house there´s a huge difference! Danuzia, Carol, and Bruno LOVED FHE and they want to have one every week! 
 
On New Year´s Day was our p-day. Sister Howell and I made some goals for this transfer. We made a goal to have
FHE every Monday night with a member family and with an investigator. We looked at our list of members and prayed which ones would be willing to do a FHE night at their home. 
 
After church, we met with a couple of families, and without knowing we made 5 FHE nights this week alone! Our goal was to only have 1 per week. It was so cool to think that Heavenly Father is helping us to overcome our goal. That with him, anything is possible! 
 
 I felt a need to make some changes, I had been feeling this for a while.  It´s moments like these where I need to listen to Him and then ``JUST DO IT!`` you know? But i´m grateful that I listened and chose to act on my prompting.  The Lord is truly helping us out!  He´s blessing me with this opportunity to get to know our members and investigators more. I think it´s so cool!  I am SO glad I followed the Spirit and listened and acted. 
 
We met with the Marinho family last night. Their son just left for the MTC on Thursday. He´s going to the João Pessoa Mission. But anyways, we shared a message with them about how members have a great impact on their friends. Afterwards we showed them a video about the Atonement with Elder Holland talking in the background. It´s really good! We then invited them to think of a friend that they would want to have FHE with. The dad mentioned a guy named Ju, more than 3 times. We set Wednesday to be the FHE night. They´re really excited!
 
For p-day, Howell and I went to Central and did some shopping! I bought this cool shirt for 10 dollars and I bought some perfume for 25 dollars. Here it´s ``cheap`` ha-ha. So far that´s all we have done today. I ran into a couple of elders while we were there.
 
That´s so cute how Mollie adores Sean. How she slept with him every night while he was visiting. I bet she misses him a lot right now. But anyways, I love you so much and thank you for everything! You are the best! Have a great week! :) Eu amo vocês!
 
Tell Dad thank you for the pen drive! And yes, the socks that you bought were from REI. Thank you for taking the time to do this for me. I really appreciate it. :) LOVE YOU GUYS! Btw, thanks for the pictures and the quote! I loved them!
 
-Sister Whitnah 

No comments:

Post a Comment