Monday, January 20, 2014

Half way through my mission!

Oi Família! :)
 
Hey! I have so much to tell you about this week! First of all, this week was good yet crazy! Tuesday, we taught Danuzia and Bruno all the commandments. Sister Howell taught the word of wisdom and I taught the law of chastity. It was a little awkward but it was good haha. We found out during the lesson that Danuzia is already married to another guy but they broke up. She has been living with this guy that we´re teaching now for 16 years. So she is still legally married to this other guy. It´s kind of complicated. We told her that she would have to get a divorce and remarry the guy that she´s living with now. If she wants to get baptized. Without hesitation she said ``No, I don´t want to get married again!`` We´ll see how that´s gonna go. On the other hand, we have been talking with Bruno. Since the day I first met him, he has been talking about wanting to get baptized. He straight up told us ``if I want to get baptized I need to stop drinking beer?`` Afterwards he said, ``Well, I need to repent of a few things before I can be baptized.`` It was the coolest thing ever. I can totally tell that he´s ready to be baptized. Heavenly Father has helped us so much with this family.
 
After we were done with the lesson, we had a really bad thunder storm. The power went out and we were stuck in their house for 3 hours. It was fun! We got to their house at 5 and left around 8ish to go back to our mini house. There were trees in the streets. Like full grown trees. We later found out that a tornado was near by. But everyone was okay. The same thing happened on Wednesday but we were with Claudia and Sabrina. The power was out and everything. We left from the lesson early to go home and it was getting late. It took us a hour and a half to get home because of the thunderstorm. It was raining so much that the streets were flooded. It was crazy!
 
Saturday and Sunday we had our stake conference. It was really good! Presidente Perrotti, Sister Perrotti, our ward mission leader, and another member from our ward spoke. All the talks were about missionary work. 
 
This Friday we´re having our multizona with Presidente Perrotti. We have them every 3 months with at least 1 or 2 other zones. Everyone has to prepare a lesson on the Atonement and Presidente will have a hat of all the names of the missionaries. He will randomly pick a missionary to give the lesson. And they have to give it all by themselves. I´m hoping that I won´t get picked. I´m crossing my fingers ha-ha.
 
So that was my week! I can´t believe i´ll have 9 months in the mission. It´s gone by slow and fast. I´m trying not to think about it. I´m trying to enjoy what I have now. I´m glad to hear everyone is doing good! Let me know anything big comes up. I love you so much and hope you have a great week! :)
 
-Sister Whitnah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment