Monday, February 3, 2014

I can't believe it's February. Time is flying quickly!

Mom,
 
I can´t believe it´s already February! Time is flying by so quickly! I´m doing pretty good. This week the weather went from being hot to insanely hot. I completely cut pop out of my meals and I only drink water. A lot of our meals with the members they give us a lot of pop. And sometimes I really don´t want to drink it because I know it will give me headaches. So I only drink water and juice. 
 
This week we visited Danuzia, Bruno and Carol. Our baptismal date with him fell through. :( We really think him and Carol won´t get baptized until Danuzia gets divorced from her husband and moves into a new house. She has told us more than once how badly she wants to get baptized. We´re going to the temple with them this Saturday! Danuzia wanted to see what the temple looked like. She´s pretty excited about that. :)
 
On Thursday, Sister Howell and I went to Village to knock on doors. To explain Village it´s very country. When Robbie was serving in Honduras and would explain what his areas looked like, Village is what I thought of. Dirt roads that would go on forever and all you could see is grass fields. I took a couple pictures to help you see what it looks like. It looks pretty.
 
Yesterday, we had an awesome lesson with a member who brought a friend to FHE. We taught about the Restoration and the Spirit was so powerful! It was incredible! Laura´s friend is named Olifer. He´s 19 years old and he goes to the Congregation church of Jesus Christ. I´ve never heard of this church before. He seems very interested in the church. We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about it. 
 
I have something funny to tell you. I can´t remember what day it was but one day this week, Sister Howell and I ate out for lunch. Afterwards, she wanted some chocolate. There was a place that was really close called Caucau Show. It reminded me of Godiva Chocolate. But anyways, we go in and bought a piece of chocolate. I was eating my chocolate and kept thinking how weird it tasted. I looked at the rapper and it had liquor in it ha-ha. Sister Howell laughed at me and said ``I wonder how your parents are going to react when you tell them that you had liquor during your mission? ha-ha`` I thought it was pretty funny! This reminded me when Alina went to Belgium and ate that chocolate covered cherry with alcohol. 
 
For p-day, we´re gonna go to eat some lunch. There´s this place close by the bus terminal. They sell pastels and juice. After that, we´re going to go back home and clean our mini house and SLEEP. I´m exhausted! We´re getting our transfer calls this coming Sunday. I want to organize all my stuff so that if I get transferred, I can be ready. I´ve been in Barao Geraldo for 3 transfers now. I would like to go to another area.
 
I liked the quote you shared with me. Since I´ve left for my mission, I´ve learned a ton! Especially about Jesus Christ and how he means so much to me. My testimony has grown a ton since i´ve been in Brasil. I know the things i´ve learned in Brasil I wouldn´t have learned in Idaho. That i´m grateful to have served in the states as well as in a foreign country. My ward mission leader showed us this book called how to be an everyday missionary. I think Desert Book has it? But I read it and there´s a lot of good advice in that book. It talks about how you can talk about the church in a simple way. At school, work, or pretty much anywhere. It´s really awesome! If you have time, you should take a look at it. :)
 
I hope this week will be great! I hope your foot continues to get better soon! LOVE you so much! Tchau! Amo vocês! :) Enjoy the pics!
 
-Sister Whitnah


No comments:

Post a Comment