Monday, February 10, 2014

I'm getting transferred!!!

Bethany’s short email today.  She will be transferred.  Something she was hoping for, yet as she puts it, kind of sad to leave those that she has gotten to know.  Here are some pics she sent today.  The one girl in the middle is only 18, Her name is Letetia.  She is a member in Barao Geraldo and is planning to serve a mission when she turns 19.  She became great friends with Bethany.  I had to post the photo of the kinder chocolate(German chocolate) she found, she loves this stuff! Her German is still in her, even in Brasil! Smile
 
 
Mom,
 
So, are you ready for the news? I´m being transferred, Sister Howell is staying in Barao Geraldo and will be training! I kind of had a feeling that I would go anyways. I´m excited to be going but at the same time i´m sad to be leaving. I was there for 3 transfers and it gave me time to get to know all the members and to get attached ha-ha. But wherever I go will be good. I won´t know all the details until tomorrow morning when I go to the bus station in Campinas.
 
This week was tough but good. A lot of our investigators aren´t progressing like we want them to. It didn´t work out this weekend to go to the temple with Danuzia. Carol´s birthday was this weekend and they were busy planning her party. We can tell that Carol and Bruno don´t want to be baptized anymore. The biggest thing is that they don´t want to make that change in their life. So we´ve let them go for now. On the other hand... Danuzia wants to get baptized SO badly, but she has to divorce her other husband that lives in Northern Brasil and separate from the other guy that she´s living with now.
 
It´s been hard to communicate with Olifer since Sunday. We found out that his girlfriend doesn´t like the fact that we´re teaching him. The fact that we´re ``sister missionaries``. It´s really dumb. In the lesson last week, there was us, the 3 members, Olifer and his girlfriend. So I don´t get why she doesn´t like us. He still wants to meet with us though, which is awesome! :) he still hasn´t come to church yet....
 
Our ward did a fast for it to rain here. It´s been really hot and some members have had no water. Saturday afternoon, we had a rain storm! It was awesome! It rained for a good hour. I took a picture of Sister Howell and I when we came back to our mini house. :) Watching it rain was a huge testimony builder. It showed me that everyone´s prayers and fasts were answered. :)
 
Well, that is pretty much it for this week. I´ll have more news once tomorrow hits. I love you so much and I hope all is well with you guys! :) Take care!
 
-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment