Monday, May 26, 2014

A Week of Learning

Familia,
 
This week was alright, but towards the end it got really rough. The best part of my week was we had a division with Sister Ware and her comp. I was with Sister Ware and her comp went with Sister Morgan. It was really good to be with Sister Ware and catch up. Since she was made the sister training leader, I´ve been able to talk with her much. So it was good to finally talk to her! I enjoyed it a lot! During that division, I learned a lot from her. How to be bold, but doing it in a loving way. All the people that we came in contact with she was fearless and bold. I really admire that about her. At times I´m too soft with people and I don´t want to offend them. She taught me how I can be more bold with my investigators without being overbearing. This was my favorite division and one that I won´t forget.
 
This week we had a lot of people that we shared the 1st lesson with. When we made an appointment with them to go back and teach them more, they wouldn´t be home or they would be leaving their house. On Friday we found this awesome lady that accepted everything we taught her! I was super excited to go back and teach her more. We went by her house yesterday and she told us that she´s made up her mind about our religion and doesn´t want us to come back. I was so bummed. I thought things were going good, until she told us what was going on. I thought about what I could have done better to help her with her doubts. But I felt that she really didn´t want more.
 
I´m hoping this week will be a lot better. I know Heavenly Father puts tests in front of us to see if we´re doing our best. We had a lesson in Sunday School about the trials we have and how we can endure them. It taught me that our testimonies are the ones that will help us in our trials. When we are ready or not, we should have a strong testimony about the Gospel.
 
We walk a ton here so  for p-day my comp and I are going to get a pedicure and manicure. a member´s cousin suggested that we should see her cousin to get one. she charges $18 for hands and feet together! Are you going to write Sister Neves?  I can give you her email but she doesn’t understand English, ha-ha.
 
I´m thankful to have the chance to be in Brasil when there´s others waiting to be here. It has taught me to be grateful for the things I have. I love Brasil! I will literally miss everything when my mission is over. The people that I´ve come really close with and the food, the culture.  Everything!
 
I love you guys! I´m excited for Robbie and Tessa! Tell them congrats on their new house! Thank you for the love and encouragement. At times it´s hard to give up when things go wrong but that´s when we need to be the strongest. LOVE YOU and hope your week goes good! TE AMO!!
 
-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment