Monday, May 12, 2014

It was great to Skype with you on Mother's Day!

Familia!
 

Hey it was SO good to talk to you! I was really happy to see everyone and make the most of my time with you guys! I´m glad you liked the songs that I sang to you. I was practicing all week so that they would be perfect by the time I would sing them. I really can´t believe my mission is ending in 5 months! I don´t want it to end so fast. :( but like you said, i´m going to bust my butt for these last 5 months! I know it will be great. I made some goals to end out my mission strong! :)

 

This area has been tough.  We don’t get much support from our Branch or the Branch President.  It makes it hard as a missionary.  I am learning though.  I am learning from this and how important it is to be of  help to others. We have found and taught some goldens and now we are teaching mission prep classes to them so that they can prepare to serve missions someday.  It’s pretty cool.  President asked that we stop teaching the English class.  I have made a goal to only speak English with my comp on P day.  President also wants us to do that.  He doesn’t want the US missionaries to lose what Portuguese we have gained.  I like that goal. 

 

I’ve learned a lot from my mission so far.  Big things and small things.  One thing I know for sure is that I am glad that I came.  I think every Sister should serve a mission.  I think there are things in the Gospel you can  learn SO much better if you serve a mission.  I have gained a ton.  I have read the Book of Mormon more on my mission then ever before in my life.  I know the work that I am doing is true.  I am so glad to be here in Brasil and I love the people here.   I’ve also learned to understand people better. 

 

This week was all about finding new people to teach! We did a lot of contacts and knocking doors (which aren´t my favorite..) but what can you do right? We found a couple of people that look interested. We plan to teach them this week and hopefully become new investigators. We went to different parts of the town that I haven´t worked in yet. We´re hoping to find elects!

 

I pretty much said a lot of what I wanted to tell you yesterday. Once again, it was so good to talk to you. I loved every minute of it. I haven´t gotten that emotional when I started to sing ``Families Can Be Together Forever``. I know that song is a true testimony to me. That we can have a eternal family forever. I missed hearing your voices and the way you say things. But in 5 months I´ll get to hear that again. I love you so much and i´m glad everyone is doing great! Have a great week minha família! TE AMO!! :)

 

-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment