Monday, May 19, 2014

A so-so week

Familia!
 
Hey everyone! This week was alright. I got sick really bad on Tuesday. I had strep throat and it´s slowly going away. I was mostly in the house and it was hard to work. Friday was a little better and I could go out without feeling crappy. The weather here is changing a lot. It feels like it´s bipolar haha. One day it´s sunny and warm, and the other it´s freezing and windy. Hopefully the weather will make up it´s mind. But it is starting to get cold here finally.
 
I feel like my area is getting harder and harder as the transfer goes on. Having solid investigators here is difficult. We found a bunch of new people to teach and the only down side is hunting them down. Trying to find them in their house so we can teach them. In our practices this week for our district meeting, we practiced on being direct with our investigators about the commandments. Through that practice I learned how to be more direct but in a loving way to show we care. There was one day this week where I wasn´t feeling too good but I didn´t want to go home early because I felt so tired and wanted to sleep. I stuck it out. We found this girl about 2 weeks ago and she told us when she would be in her house. Almost everyday we passed by and she would never be there. I was getting really frustrated and wanted to give up on her. We would see her little sister and she lied that she wasn´t there but she really was. By then I knew she didn´t want to meet with us. I remembered the practice from Wednesday and tried to do what I learned. I let her know of our purpose as missionaries and that we´re there to help people be baptized and follow Jesus Christ. And if this was something she wanted, I wanted a yes or no answer. In the end, she said no and I thanked her for being honest with me. 
 
I´m getting to the point on my mission that I only want to focus on the people who want to learn more about the gospel and who want to be baptized. I´m learning each day how to find those golden people. I know that Heavenly Father puts those special people in my comp and I´s path.
 
Love you lots! Thank you for the pictures! Have a great week!! :)
 
-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment