Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I'm tired and exhausted, but it's a good kind of tired

Mom,
 
That´s so cool how there´s a set of Elders and Sisters in your ward! The work there must be growing fast. You should invite your friend to the ward activity! You'll never know if you don't try. I´ve learned that it doesn´t hurt to invite someone to church, an activity or anything in the church. I´ve learned to have courage and to not be afraid.
 
This week was exhausting. Tuesday we had our district meeting. Sister Ware is in my Zone! :) I get to see her every week now! I found out that this transfer is only 5 weeks. It´s really short. I think it´s because next transfer involves a week before Christmas. I´m excited to talk to you during Christmas! I´m noticing that my English is slowly going away. I´m forgetting some words.   I was explaining something in Portuguese and I forgot a word in English that I wanted to say.  i think it´s good that my English is going away.
 
I´m getting along pretty well with my companion, she´s awesome! She helps me a lot with my Portuguese, especially with words and phrases that I don´t know. Sister Menden is a hard worker and she has helped me to become a hard worker too.  We´re always busy! which is a good thing, and I´m happy too :)  This transfer I’ve learned to work hard especially in studying. I’ve grown a greater testimony on studying the lessons and scriptures.  Sister Menden and i bought a pizza on Saturday with guanara! it had tomato, cheese and parmesan! YUM! 
 
 
It´s very difficult to teach people in my area. We have so many less actives that we go and visit. Most of them are nice, but don´t want to come back to church. We come home every night feeling exhausted. I swear this week it felt like my feet were going to fall off because of all the walking we do everyday. I’m tired, but it’s a good type of tired, you  know?
 
On Monday, we had our 1st lesson with Vinisios. It went pretty well! He´s reading the Book of Mormon and praying everyday. He came to church yesterday and last week. He loves coming to church. He told us that he loves the feelings he gets when he goes to church. I noticed this Sunday, he cried a little bit during sacrament meeting while a member was giving a talk about feeling the spirit. We´re giving the 2nd lesson tonight (The Plan of Salvation). I can tell the spirit is working with him a lot :)  I´m kind of nervous about teaching this lesson, because it´s the hardest one to teach in my opinion. At least in Portuguese. I can tell the more we visit Vinisios, the more he looks happier.  I swear he is GOLDEN! Smile  I think he is one of those people that is fully prepared to hear the Gospel!  He does everything we invite him to do.  He is so obedient!
 
 
I read the Joseph Smith story in the Pearl of Great Price. I learn something new every time I read it. Thank you for the idea of reading it once a week. :)
 
This week we´re having the mission tour! I´m excited! The president of the seventy is speaking. Elder Snow and his wife. That´s my highlight of the week and visiting with Vinisios! 
 
I hope you have a great week! Love and miss you!
 
-Sister Whitnah
 
Sister Whitnah and Sister Menden enjoying lunch on P day. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment