Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference was just what I needed to hear. I loved it!

Mom,
 
I got my transfer call late last night. I´m leaving Jundiai and going to a new area. I will find out tomorrow where i´m going. I do know that my new comp is American. Sister Gomez is staying in Jundiai and will be training a new sister. She´s excited! :) oh Sister Gomez is 22 years old by the way. The other two sisters, Sister Colombre and Martins, they are both training and Sister Martins will leave Jundiai too. I´m kinda sad to be leaving Jundiai, but I know Heavenly Father wants me somewhere else. I know it will be okay.
 
I LOVED General Conference! I would have to agree with you, it went by really fast! I told a bunch of notes. I loved hearing Elder Holland´s talk as well as President Uchtdorf´s. It seemed like everything said in conference was what I needed to hear. It was different looking at conference in a missionary perspective. I was excited to hear from Robbie´s mission president. I loved his talk as well. Did you noticed that President Dyches talked?
 
For conference, we went to the stake center in Parque and watched conference there. The chapel was for Portuguese and the Relief Society room was for English. Conference in Brasil doesn´t start until 1pm. We went to a member´s house for lunch and the food was great as always. We had rice and black beans with this special meat, spinach, and squash. It was really good! For dessert, we had a different types of fruit mixed together with this sweet sauce that people use to put in their ice cream. The whole meal was so good! The members surprised me with... DR.PEPPER! :) I was so excited!
 
I think I will read Joseph Smith´s story in the pearl of great price. I´ve been watching the Work and the Glory movies lately. We have all three of the movies. I´ve been thinking about how I need to strengthen my testimony more in the Livro de Mormon. I know the book is true, but I want to have a firm testimony of it.
 
Overall, this week was bittersweet. A lot of the people we invited to General Conference didn´t come except for Brandao. We have been trying to get Silvia to come to conference, but she didn´t come. She also told us that she has no desire to get baptized, yet she goes to church every week. We have been desperately trying to find new people. It seems like everything isn´t working out. But i´m trying to have faith that we will have miracle.
 
Becky has been a huge example to me. Someone who never gives up on hard things. I love her so much. There have been times where I truly have wanted to go home. I´ve thought that a mission was too hard and that I couldn´t handle it. I´ve felt those same feelings as her. Her example has lead me to never want to give up. Especially when it´s during the hard times. I know that during the hard times we grow the most. I noticed the pattern in conference was have faith and believe in the Savior. I´ve decided, whatever happens in my mission weather it be easy or hard, I will strong and not give up.
 
Thank you for everything that you have given me. I´m so grateful for you and your testimony. I know that this church is true. Conference was exactly what I needed. I´m so grateful for President Monson and all that he does for us in the church. To help guide us in these latter days. I love you so much and pray for you every night. Please pray that this next transfer will be great and pray for miracles. I love you and I hope you have a great week!
 
-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment