Monday, September 30, 2013

Feeling a little better this week

Familia,

 

Things are going a little bit better this week. Thursday night, I got sick with food poisoning. I ate a burger that had a lot of bacon. I´m pretty sure the meat wasn´t cooked all the way. Today, i´m feeling a little bit better, but I still can´t eat much. I´m getting a blessing from my district leader today. I really think that i´m lactose intolerant. My stomach gets upset every time I eat things that involve cheese or milk. It´s really hard especially in Brazil where the people cook their food with cheese. So I made a goal to go without diary products for a week, and see how my body feels.

 

On Saturday night, our ward put on a talent show! It was really fun! The laurels did a dance routine and it was really good! The relief society did a zumba routine and that was AWESOME! It made me want to go up and dance with them. A lot of the acts were of people dancing or singing. Sister Gomez and I sang Come Thou Font of Every Blessing. One verse in Spanish, another in English and the last verse in Portuguese. It was awesome!

 

I´m excited for general conference this weekend! I´m looking forward to hearing what the talks will be about! Or if there will be any shocking news. I was told that all of the missionaries in my district will meet up at a stake center and watch conference there. There will be different rooms with different languages. Like English, Portuguese, and Spanish.

 

For p-day, i´m in Jundiai with another zone. We plan to watch movies and play soccer. I´ll try to take some pictures. The weather here has been really cold. We had a thunder storm a few days ago and the power went out a few times. I´ve a feeling it will be like that again tonight.

 

Thank you for the pinterest quotes! I love them! I also love what Robbie said in his email from his mission. Í noticed the more I forget about myself and service others, I see the blessings more and more. I read an article in the Ensign about sacrifice. It really touched me how as missionaries we give up so much to serve the Lord, and he repays us with blessings. I know the more I come closer to the Savior, I feel like I know him better.

 

I want to thank you for all of your love and support. It means a lot to me. I know I made the best decision to serve a mission. I know it´s only been 5 months, but I can tell that i´m a different person. Once again, thank you so much. I love you and hope all is well.

 

Love, Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment