Tuesday, September 24, 2013

5 Months this week...Crazy!

Mom,
 
I´m sorry about last week when I was trying to send you pictures. The computer I was using was being dumb. I´m gonna try again today and send some pictures.
 
Overall, this week was not the greatest. It was really difficult. It seemed like all of our appointments were cancelling on us. Some of our investigators won´t progress in the gospel and etc.. I felt like everything Sister Gomez and I would do to help our investigators wasn´t working. I felt so discouraged. 
 
I had an interview with my zone leaders later this week. He gave me some really good advice. They said, When times like this happen in the mission, the Lord needs us the most. To be the examples of Christ and help the people come closer to the gospel. You are doing your part as a missionary.
 
It helped me to realize that everyone has their agency. I´m doing all I can to help them. They just have to have the desire. I´m sure the more I put all of myself in the mission, the Lord will help me tremendously. And in the end, it will all be worth it. I read all of my notes that I took in the MTC, and it helped me to regain that confidence. On my purpose as a missionary and why i´m here in Brazil. 
 
The other advice my zone leaders said was when you have a really bad week. The best solution is to go eat some ice cream! In most of our lunches this week, we had so much ice cream. So I find it funny that the elders said to go eat ice cream, and we did. Without even planning to do so.
 
My plans for p-day are going to be pretty chill.  I´m super tired today. I´ve been waiting for this p-day all week! I´m probably going to write you a letter too.
 
So the picture I took of that plate of food, it was just random things put together. We went to a restaurant that was like a buffet. But it was really good! 
 
I´ve been trying my best to drink as much water as possible! And I found a trick to when i´m eating at a member´s home. Eat slowly. And i´ve been exercising at least 4 times a week with the walking that I do everyday.
 
The nice thing about the food here is you cook it all on your own. It´s not all fast food. Hey, when are you going to send my package? Could you send me some music? I´m kind of sick of the music from my iPod. I pretty much listen to it everyday. We have a DVD player so you can send me a CD. You can send me the Piano Guys/LDS music. 
 
 
I can´t believe tomorrow i will be out for 5 months. It´s crazy! It´s weird how i have 2 weeks left of this transfer. Time has gone by so fast.
 
 
Thank you for your love and support! Can you send me some cute missionary quotes from pinterest? :) Thank you for this week email. I love you and I hope you have an awesome week! 
 
Love, Sister Whitnah 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment