Monday, September 2, 2013

I love my new companion!

Here is Bethany’s recent email.  She sounds like she is doing much better with her new companion.  I had noticed that she hadn’t asked me about Mollie since early May.  I told her in my email that Mollie was doing well, hence the message about her Smile  It’s so strange that she has NOT received the letters I wrote her..  I sent one  out on July 15th, 8+ weeks ago and  I thought for sure it would be at the mission home when she was there last week for transfers.  bummer. You can probably tell this email is choppy.  Well, she sent 4 different emails as she forgot things she wanted to add Smile .  I have included the photo of the Brandao who was baptized on Saturday.     Grace
 
 
Mom,
 
This week was pretty tiring because of transfers. My new comp is Sister Gomez. She has been out for 6 months. She´s from a country just below Brazil. I can´t remember the name of the country, but she speaks Spanish. She is super sweet and funny. I can tell that we are getting along great!
 
Brandao got baptized on Saturday. He was baptized in a river, ha ha. That man is so crazy. Silvia however, didn’t get baptized. I´m sad about that. She’ll  get baptized when she is ready.
 
I saw Sister Ware on transfer day! I was so excited to see her! I gave her a big hug! She is now comps with my old comp (Sister Cabral). I´m kind of nervous for her. I hope she can deal with her. It was hard enough for me to deal with her. I hope everything will go okay.
 
I didn’t get your letters. Maybe they will come tomorrow? Sisters Colombre and Martins are still in Jundiai with me. Things have been going so much better since we had transfers. I´m so happy. Things are not so stressful anymore. As far as drama goes. My old comp created so much drama that it made of all us so frustrated. I´m glad that she´s gone and I can start off with a great comp.
 
So this inactive family that we are teaching, the father is from Germany and the mother is from Italy! :) I thought it was really cool. I tried to speak to him in German, but all I can say are words in Portuguese.
 
Oh, Gabi is a member but inactive. She doesn´t have a desire to come back to church. She loves talking with the missionaries though. It´s kind of interesting. A lot of families here have kids and are not married. That´s one of the biggest problems in Brazil. Couples have 3-4 kids and live together and don´t get married. I´m glad that Silvia and Brandao got married.
 
Fun fact about Brazil! I love the Cola cola here! It´s so much sweeter here than in the US. If you could, put peanut butter  M&M’s in my package. :)
 
Sorry that i´m writing multiple messages. I do feel like Brazil is kind of my home but i still miss the US. We had Burger King the other day and it was so gross. I´m so use to having home cooked meals everyday. Fast food is so gross here. I´m learning how to cook some of the foods here. When i get home from the mission, I’ll  cook some of the recipes! :)
 
I´m glad things are going well for you. I love and miss our ``girl time`` especially with Molly girl. I hope you have a great week! Here´s the pic of Brandao´s baptism!
 
 
Love you lots!                          
 
Sister Whitnah 

No comments:

Post a Comment