Monday, September 16, 2013

I found Kinder Scokolade in Brazil! Having a great week!

Mom,
 
You will never believe what I found in Brazil. KINDER SCOKOLADE!! :) I found it at a grocery store called Boa. I bought 2 things of it. It´s so expensive here. I was so excited when I saw it. My comp thought that I was gonna have a heart attack haha.
 
This week we found 3 more people to teach. I was praying a lot for new investigators...and well, Heavenly Father blessed me with 3! :) Amanda is 20 years old and the other is Feranda and she´s in her late 30´s. The other girl is named Juilanne and she´s 18 years old. We have plans to visit them again this week! I´m hoping this week will go great!
 
I had a spiritual experience on Thursday. Do you remember me talking about Gabi? Well Gabi´s mom is a member but less active. I really need to find out what her name is. She´s very sweet and loves the missionaries. Anyways, on to my story. So Sister Gomez and I were walking through this neighborhood. Close to where Gabi´s mom lives. I remembered the last time we saw her, that she said she´d love to have us come over for dinner or for ice cream. I had an impression to go see her. I told Sister Gomez that we should go see her and see how she´s doing. We go to her house and she comes out with her hand all wrapped up. She went to the hospital earlier that day because she did something to her hand. 
 
She told us how she wanted visitors. And when we came over, she was really excited to see us. We shared a scripture with her about the atonement. The spirit was so strong in her house. She started to cry. She shared her testimony with us and it was so cool. She has a strong desire to come back to church but, there are some things holding her back. I find it interesting how the Spirit guides you to the people that need you the most. And she needed us in that moment. It made me realize how I need to rely on the Spirit more than on myself.
 
I did take a couple pictures of myself for my mission plaque. There were only 2 good ones. But I did take a lot of pics throughout the week! Some of them involve food! :)
 
The mission conference is like a zone conference, but with all of the missionaries in the mission. It´s sometime in October. I´m looking forward to it!
 
The German/Italian couple are doing good. They have been coming to church more since Otavio got baptized. That´s their grandson. They came yesterday and they look really happy.
 
Hey have a great week! I love and miss you! :) 
 
Love, Sister Whitnah



No comments:

Post a Comment