Monday, October 14, 2013

My new area: Barao Geraldo

Mom,
 
So... I got transferred to an area called Barao Geraldo! It´s about 15-20 minutes outside of Campinas. So far I like it a lot. I have to walk a lot. There are some parts where it´s country and others where it´s city like. It´s pretty! The ward is fairly big. There´s around 470 members, but only 70 are active. It´s kind of sad. So we do a lot of less active member work. We have a couple of people that we are teaching. The members here are super friendly and welcoming. I was walking in a neighborhood and I found a sign that said ``Welcome to Brookelyn`` in Portuguese. I thought it was funny, so I took a picture of it. My comp is Sister Menden and she´s from Gilbert Arizona. She´s 21, has been out for 9 months, and she´s studying nursing at BYU. We get along pretty well! 
 
This week was SO busy! I´ve never felt so tired in my life! We taught a lot of lessons and we have a new investigator! On Saturday, we were doing street contacting. We saw this guy and invited him to come to church the next day. When we invite people to come to church, most of the time they say yes and don´t come to church. This guy said he would come. We walked into Sacrament Meeting and this guy was at church. I was pretty excited. Oh his name is Vinisios by the way. He´s in his early 20´s. He went to all 3 hours of church. After church, he told us that he really likes our church. He agreed to take the lessons with us. We´re teaching the 1st lesson tonight! I´m excited! 
 
I received your package at transfer site. It only took 3 weeks to get here! I loved all of the goodies you put in there. I didn´t realize how much I missed eating peanut butter! The peanut butter m&m´s were so good! You should put some in my Christmas package! I also enjoyed reading Bryan´s letter and yours too. Thank you for the package! I´m sending you a letter tomorrow. 
 
I liked the photos of Tessa´s baby shower. Thank you for sending me some. I bet her and Robbie are getting excited for the baby to come. It´s weird to me that they are going to be parents.
 
This week is going to be filled with a lot of finding new investigators and teaching! I´m way excited! I´m looking forward to another busy week! I want to let you know that i´m doing great and i like my new area. I love you so much! I hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment