Monday, March 31, 2014

A tough week :(

Família!
Thank you for sending the pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time. :) I´m in the mood for Tillamook ice cream now ha-ha. I´ll keep little Dominic in my prayers as well as Becky, Jeff, and Ryan. I hope little Dominic gets better and nothing serious will come along. Btw, I thought Becky and Jeff would choose to name their boy Dominic. I think it´s a cute name! I can´t believe Alina is going to college at Disney World!! she wrote me a couple weeks ago that she applied for it but wasn´t sure if she would get it. That´s so awesome! :) I´m happy for her! I also can´t believe how many people are already married or getting pregnant! I´ve heard a couple people from school or from our stake that got married. It´s so crazy!
This week was a little tough. First off, one of the members in my branch, his wife (Aparacida) passed away. The member was a convert for over 30 years and his wife never got baptized. When Sister Neves and I first got to Conchal, we made a plan to teach her and then baptize her. There was one day where we were doing contacts and we were close by this cemetery. For some reason we entered the cemetery and looked at the grave sites. Afterwards we felt really weird and had an impression to go to this member´s house to visit his wife. She was home alone and we shared a message and invited her to be baptized. Aparacida said a BUNCH of excuses and didn´t give us a yes or no answer. She complained to us how she had feet problems and that she would have to get surgery on them soon. By that point we were both really annoyed and Sister Neves shared a scripture that talks about the right baptism. I think it´s in the Bible, I can´t remember. But after she read it, she said ``God is really sad with you Aparacida. You´ve had so many chances and this could be your last one. He can take your life away at any moment. I´m going to ask you again and I want a yes or no answer.`` She said no in the end. She told her that she is still welcomed to come to church and we left. We both had a feeling that this would be the last time we would see her. Aparacida had surgery on her feet and it didn´t turn out well. She died during the surgery. Sister Neves and I both felt sad that she died, but we also felt that Heavenly Father literally gave this lady her last chance but she didn´t care.
We tried to teach Edson (the homeless guy) 3 times this week, but he wouldn´t show up to our appointments or he would be at the bar. He promised to come to church, but didn´t come. We set up another appointment this week and i´m hoping it will turn out okay. The family that we taught, they´re doing good but every time we visit them, the dad is always sleeping on the coach. We had an idea to sing them Families Can Be Together Forever. The mom loved it! She told us how we needed to come by more often and sing her hymns.
I can´t believe General Conference is already this weekend! Crazy huh? I´m way excited to see if there´s any new and exciting going on. I know the last conference I found a lot of insight and advice I needed to learn. I´m hoping this one will be the same.
Thank you for your emails every week! I love hearing from you and i´m glad everyone is doing great! I will pray for Becky and Jeff. I love you so much and hope you guys will have a great week! TE AMO!
-Sister Whitnah

No comments:

Post a Comment