Monday, March 10, 2014

This week was great!

Mamãe,
 
This week went really well. We had Junino´s baptism on Saturday. It was one of the most spiritual baptisms i´ve experienced on my mission. It was so cool to experience an investigator get baptized in a pool. Juninio wanted the branch president to baptize him, but he was on a business trip in Mogi Mirim. So one of the priests in the branch baptized him. All of the young women sang the primary song ``I like to look for rainbows``. After the baptism, we celebrated with cake and ice cream. My comp and I made a mint chocolate cake! It was really yummy! :)
 
Sunday, Junino received the Holy Ghost. The blessing he received was so cool! Some of what was said made me a little emotional. I´m so excited for him and the choice he made in his life. I´m so proud of him. I know that he´ll be an awesome member and someday a future missionary.
i think what made this baptism so special was Junino has gone through a lot in his life. His older brother is anti Mormon and it was hard for Junino to tell his family that he was going to get baptized. he has a good support system in the church. his blessing said that he would be firm in the church and someday share his testimony with others that are not LDS. I looked at it as he would serve a mission someday. that would be so cool! :)
 
This coming Wednesday we have another mission tour with Elder Claudio Costas. The last mission tour was mainly focused on Elder Evans. This one is going to be more focused on Elder Costas. It´s going to be 2 days. Some zones with go on Wednesday and the other zones with go on Thursday. I´m pretty excited!
 
My English class is going pretty well! I taught everyone this week the days of the week and the months of the year. I asked everyone to tell me their birthdays so I could tell them how to say it in English. I really like teaching English! The members help me with my Portuguese and I´m helping them with their English. It´s a nice trade! :)
 
I remembered on Saturday that it has been 6 years since Ross passed away. He really did touch so many lives in a short time. This past week, I heard 2 boys from my comp´s stake died. When Carnaval starts, all of the youth go to a campamento for 5 days. It´s kind of like EFY. Well anyways, these 2 boys both drowned in a lake. My comp knew one of the boys. It so sad. She later found out that the mom of the boy, had a dream that her son would die before the accident happened. In the dream she got impressions that her son and this other boy needed to be missionaries in the Spirit World. Isn’t  that crazy?
 
 
Btw, thank you for the quotes! Oh I already got that picture of my zone. I´m glad you liked it! :) I´m going to send pictures of Junino´s baptism. I´m glad everyone is doing great, happy and healthy! :) Have a good time at General Conference! Lucky duck! Have an awesome week and I LOVE YOU! :)
 
-Sister Whitnah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment