Monday, March 3, 2014

I've got exciting news!

Mamãe!
 
I have some exciting news! We will have a baptism this Saturday! :) Our investigator Junino wanted to be baptized this coming Saturday. A member from our branch introduced him to the church. He has been coming to church for a month, and when we came to Conchal he was ready to take the lessons. I´m so excited for him! And I finally get to see an investigator get baptized in a pool! Sister Neves and I are planning to bake a cake for him. It´s common here to do that when someone gets baptized. They act like it´s your wedding day. It´s been difficult to reach the other girl Garde. We´ve been trying to contact her, but we haven´t gotten anything back.
 
Carnival started on Friday. There´s one street close by our house that has been closed off for Carnival. Every night we hear this annoying pounding sound of music and people screaming. It´s been really hard to sleep for the pass couple of nights. It will end on Tuesday, thank goodness!
 
In Conchal, there´s a huge statue of Christ. It looks a lot like the statue that´s in Rio de Janeiro! But not as huge as the one there. So I got a picture of myself with the statue! I´m gonna try and send it. It looks pretty cool.
 
I liked the picture you sent of Duke and Becky. She´s a cute pregnant lady! Tell her I like the name that she´s thinking of picking. It´s different but I like it! Duke looks a lot like Robbie in that photo. He looks so cute! :)
 
This was my 2nd week of teaching English. It´s getting a little easier to speak English now. It´s starting to come back to me. I taught my students to sing Called to Serve in English. There´s one member in our ward that speaks really good English. He always helps anyone who is struggling. Sister Neves is learning English and when we are on the streets, she asks me how to say things or points out what certain objects are in English.
 
That´s really sad about that family who died of CO poisoning. I remember when I was in Pocatello, I served in 6 different wards. Could you find out what the family´s name was? Maybe I might know them?
 
Nothing too much has happened this week other than we have a baptism coming up! I hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for your emails and such. Love you lots and have a great week! Eu te amo! :)
 
-Sister Whitnah 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment